Why Book Sway Village Hall?
- Approachable, friendly team
- Competitive rates of hire
- Large Main Hall (15.2m x 9.1m width) with tall ceiling and surround sound system (details below), with adjacent kitchen.
- Excellent well equipped kitchen
- Large Stage; Equipped with range of Stage Lighting and Sound System (more details below)
PUBLIC EVENTS - LISTINGS
BOOKINGS DIARY + NEW BOOKINGS
BOOKINGS CALENDAR + NEW BOOKINGS
£12.50 per hour and measures 15.26m length x 9.1m wide, with ceiling at 5.3m.
£5.50 per hire – proscenium arch 6.1m width opening, with total stage width of 9.1m (inc wings).
Stage 7.7m deep from rear wall to front edge with middle and rear black drapes/tabs which can be opened/closed from wings. Access to stage from rear (outside auditorium) and from stage right into auditorium. Moveable steps also available.
Three over-stage lighting pipes, set at 0.9m, 1.7m and 2.9m from the front curtain, safe working load of 20kg for each pipe.
Use is by prior arrangement only.
STAGE LIGHTING & Sound
Available to hirers by prior arrangement only.
Sway Village Hall benefits from a fitted light and sound system.
Lighting – three over-stage pipes (20 kg SWL ea) and limited front of stage lighting mounting locations. Analogue lighting system fed from Hall Balcony (3.85m height over auditorium) supply four dimmer packs providing 24 controlled lighting channels. A range of stage lights are available to suit most hirers, including:
– Spotlights, operated manually and focusable
– Profile lights for highlighting visiting speakers, demonstrations, bands, actors etc. Also available is a range of Gobo designs and rotators to add special lighting effects from moving clouds to just a rotating logo of your choice
– Flood/Wash lights to provide depth, colour, lighting scenery and mood
Sound – a multi-way cable from back-stage left to balcony allows a range of sound equipment to be used, this includes XLR plug ins for music equipment or keyboards, microphones or other equipment.
The music inputs can be balanced by the operator in the Balcony (giving an excellent view of the stage) via our mixer desk or arrangements can be made if the hirer wishes to use their own.
Once balanced the sound can be outputted from the desk into the cinema surround sound system, offering excellent audibility and definition throughout the hall and a hearing aid loop.
Four ambient mics are located above the stage for general use, handheld wireless mics are available by prior arrangement.
FIRST FLOOR W.I. ROOM
Free to use for Tea & Coffee only.
Exclusive use cannot always be guaranteed.
Full kitchen available to hire with all equipment for larger events.
Those Requiring an Alcohol Licence
FREE WIFI INTERNET CONNECTION AVAILABLE
Password available on request.